Wednesday, September 23, 2009

kin.dee.gar.den


we like
we like sand castles
we work together
we can play
we can read
we like books
now i know my abc's, tell me what you think of me!
from 9:00-9:45 every day i work with small groups of small people with large personalities
i am loooooving these windows of opportunity.  every morning  get excited about trekking down the long hallway to the land of kindergarten.  i looove laying out the magnetic letters and helping the students sound out and spell WE. you would think it could get old, but it doesn't.  the lightbulb moment (you know what i mean) is priceless.  it warms my heart.  i care (and so does their teacher) whether or not they learn their letters.  i want to put forth my very best effort to help each of them in any way i can to give them the necessary tools to be lifelong learners.  it is about reading and writing, and it is about so. much. more.

No comments: