Tuesday, December 29, 2009

let's just be honest here


what have i really been up to?
blog lurking
blog commenting
a bit of envy
a bit of inspiration
some self-disclosure on a perfect stranger's blog (oops)
there's just something misleading about the intimacy of a blog, don't you think?
we see photos (mostly spectacular) taken of lovely people in exquisite surroundings eating and crafting wondrous quilts, skirts, aprons...
i like to do a bit of crafting myself, but my darn sewing machine nearly put out my eye a few weeks ago, and even my ever-frugal husband commented about the loudness of the motor/engine of that thing
i have:
1. about 6 sewing projects in various stages of completion
2. no fewer than 5 cookie/candy recipes dancing in my head like some deranged faerie
3. a son who wants me to play beatle's rockband with him
4. a car with a loose seal on the windshield
5. a netflix to watch
6. a Bible collecting dust on the bookshelf
7. speaking of bookshelf--i need about 2 more-floor to ceiling size, if possible--and black is a good color for our decor

SO...
why the heck am i wasting away my day lurking in blogland??
GOODBYE

4 comments:

Cary K. said...

I soooooo know what you mean!!!!! ;)

beachy keen girl said...

You're a crack up. I'm glad you left me a couple of comments...that always makes my day :) And I liked your honesty you left me on my blog, just means you're real. I too get blog envy sometimes -- it's hard to keep up with everyone and everything, but eh, that's alright.

Have a great day!

~Brooke

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! It's nice to see another person in the world of education (I was a teacher for about 10 years before having my little ones)!!!

Jamie

Shannan Martin said...

We all have to keep blogville in perspective! I honestly believe it's something all of us wrestle with at some time or another... Staying contented in this world can be difficult sometime - but so important! Love your honesty and your humor. :)