Monday, November 1, 2010

studying




I am keeping my promise to myself and my future students to be a lifelong learner. My latest venture is to train myself in the Kristina Smekens/Dr. Maureen Scane Writer's Workshop method also known as 6-Traits. A few of the teachers in our building have had the opportunity to participate in the actual workshops, and one wonderful lady has loaned me her materials! I am thrilled to have the chance to improve my knowledge and skills in writing so that I may be a better facilitator in the classroom.

I don't want to infringe upon any copyrights, so I won't be posting any PDFs or downloads. You can google Kristina Smekens, or go to her website if you want details.


Moving on....

I have made a commitment to abstain from complaining for the month of November. As day 1 draws to a close, I must confess that while I've kept my oath (no verbal complaints) outwardly, the little nagging voice in my head has been chitter-chattering nonstop. When will she tire?






Recently pulled from the shelves...

Chris Van Allsburg books
Just a Dream
The Garden of Abdul Gasazi

1 comment:

Raul and Catie said...

on the experiment in thankfulness progress....jai you, Layla (that means "Go Go!" in Chinese)
maybe we need to spur each other on this month during the school hours :) goodness knows I need the accountability, too