Saturday, November 27, 2010

a very long engagement

17 years my friends. feels like 17 minutes.
engaged to the love of my life.
(yes, we're married)
yet we still acknowledge and celebrate the date of our engagement

best friend
encourager

he gave me the gift of education (see nanny mcphee)
every day he asks me to be be the best self i can, and he leads by example

he won't like this post, and yet i could write more.
he doesn't toot his own horn, and shies away from anyone tooting for him

Dear Daniel,
you are the best friend/husband i could ever hope to have.
thank you for you love.

5 comments:

Missy Tippens said...

What a sweet tribute! My husband and I sometimes celebrate the day of our engagement as well--which is also the anniversary of our first date. :)

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

how very sweet! congrats! hugs, Cathy

Anonymous said...

congratulations and here's to 17 more.

the mama bird diaries said...

So sweet. congrats.

Craft Snob said...

Wow! I've been married to my favorite person ever for almost 6 years. I love hearing couples still going strong...
Thanks for your comment. Let me know how it turns out!